Community based mentoring
Doing something important can be incredibly simple!
As a Big in our Community-Based Program, you’ll meet with your Little twice a month for at least a year wherever and whenever is convenient for you both. Each match is hand-selected by our team based on geography, interests, and personality.
If you like to have fun and need a little bit of flexibility, but want a chance to make a difference in a child’s life, then this program is great for you!
3 Easy Steps to Becoming a Big!
As a reminder ...
- 1 year commitment (12 consecutive months)
- 2x per month in-person, few hours each time
- Typically weekends
- Matched with a 7-12 year old
- Volunteer must be 18+
- Pass a background and reference check
Research confirms that quality mentoring relationships have powerful positive effects on young people in a variety of personal, academic, and professional situations.
- 76% said they learned right from wrong from their Big
- 77% reported doing better in school because of their Big
- 90% said relationship with their Big helped them make better choices throughout their childhood
- 55% more likely to enroll in college
“Being a Big taught me how important it is to be open-minded, non-judgmental, and to just simply live in the moment. I think we can all learn a great deal from kids in the way they accept one another, regardless of any cultural or racial differences, and how they live in the moment with a hunger for learning and curiosity.”
– Current Big Brother