Doing something important can be incredibly simple!
As a mentor in our Mentor 2.0 Program, you’ll be matched with a high school student from either Boston Green Academy in Brighton or Edward M Kennedy Academy of Health Careers in Fenway. We are always looking for someone to be a mentor, a guide, a friend- someone to help prepare a student for high school success, college matriculation, and workforce readiness. That someone could be you and it could be the most rewarding thing you’ve ever done!
How it Works?
- Students will attend weekly college success classes taught by a Big Brothers Big Sisters Mentor 2.0 Coordinator embedded in the school.
- Students and their mentors will communicate once a week around guided questions related to the college success curriculum using a proprietary web-based platform.
- Pairs will also meet in-person once a month at the school for a 2-hour group session & one-on-one time. Meetings will take place once a month on the same weeknight, typically 5:30 – 7:30pm.
3 Easy Steps to Becoming a Mentor!
As a reminder ...
- 2 academic year commitment (Oct – May)
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree
- 1x per week online communication
- 1 weeknight (5:30-7:30PM) in-person per month, at either Boston location
- Stability for the next 2 academic years (e.g. not moving out of the area)
- Pass a background and reference check
“I am learning as much from Mentor 2.0 as my mentee is learning. The iMentor curriculum is amazing and I am learning a lot about values and even leadership by seeing my mentee grow.”
– Current Mentor